Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What I'm doing with my life

1. I just made manicotti for the first time.

2. I signed up to be a part of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers program. Very excited. They are sending me Ted Dekker's Green. Free books. :D

3. I joined a gym today.

4. I have a date tomorrow. We'll call him B.

5. I talked myself out of spending money today.

6. I went grocery shopping yesterday and plan to eat at home for the next week. (Unless someone else is paying, of course.)

7. I joined the choir at church.

8. I am looking for a cake decorating class.

9. I am looking into going back to school next semester for Organizations Communications.

10. I am in week 3 of my Beth Moore study. This week the big challenge is realizing that I am to treat myself as though I am holy since I am being sanctified. What do I watch? What do I listen to? How do I behave on dates? How do I speak? What do I read?

After I got over the shock and devasation of the break up, I realized that I am not stressed out nearly as much as I was. We were afraid I had an ulcer; I feel fine. I'm sleeping better, and I'm actually happier. Yes, there are still sometimes that I miss him, and there are times that I wish that we could be friends one day, but I still think that this would be unwise.

I like my life now. There is a lot of room for improvement of course, but I'm working on it. Next project: get in to the habit of doing laundry weekly and actually hang it up rather than just wear it out of the basket...

No comments:

Post a Comment