Saturday, September 12, 2009

Get a room.

Yesterday at Barnes & Noble (where I go to read, do my Beth Moore study and just drink coffee) I saw a married couple about my parents' age enjoying not only their coffee, (a cappucino for her and a frappucino for him,) but also each other's company. They sat across from each other, leaning forward and staring into each other's eyes like two young college students on a seventh date, but with all of the comfort and confidence in each other that probably came from 2.5 children and 5,000 mornings of his seeing her with no makeup and 5,000 nights of her thinking his bald spot is actually kinda sexy. They laughed, they talked, they sat quietly... but they weren't watching anyone but each other.

I wish my parents looked at each other like that.

1 comment: