Thursday, August 26, 2010

absent

There have been a lot of changes in the past year. Wedding cancelled, roommate got married, moved to a new apartment with a new roommate and a new dog. I have a new niece and a (fairly) new boyfriend that has taken me to look at rings and encouraged me to look at dresses. The change I didn't expect was the absence of my closest friends. The texts and calls are less and less frequent, and suddenly it's been over a month since I've seen or had a real conversation with people I used to see almost daily. There's been a lot of time alone and a lot of counting days until I see Devin. (3 more, by the way.) Even the friends I do see frequently keep cancelling on me. Tina mentioned the other night that I should have more friends because I'm a such a nice person and good friend. I just feel so inadequate next to others... and the ones that didn't make me feel inadequate have disappeared. Lives are busy. Just wish I wasn't so easily cut from the priority list.

And I really wish that Devin lived here. I'm so ready for us to be able to do normal, every day things together. Errands, meeting for dinner after work before we head to our respective homes, etc. This Devin-living-far-away thing is something I'm ready to be done with.

I'm just ready for people I love to stop being absent from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment